As of March 1, 1999 the following conditions apply when you give permission to someone to use your packing house for the purpose of preparing and packaging produce for export:
- The arrangements should be for a period not exceeding six (6) months.
- A letter written on your company’s stationery and signed by you or one other person designated by you should accompany each shipment verifying that the produce was packed at your premises and also indicating the quantity of each item included in the shipment.
- The names of the two persons authorized to sign and a sample of their signature should be sent to the Plant Quarantine/Produce Inspection Division prior to the start of exportation.
- You will be required to notify the Plant Quarantine Office when you have ceased packing on behalf of the person.
- Please note that shipments will not be certified unless condition #2 is met each time a shipment is presented for inspection and certification.
These conditions of usage will ensure that only the highest quality, properly prepared and packaged produce is exported.
Plant Quarantine Main Office
Ministry of Agriculture
193 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6
Tel:(876) 977-0637, 977-6992
Fax: (876) 977-6401